[asterisk-dev] Alternative Clock Source

Paulo Garcia paulo.astdev at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 05:05:37 MST 2007

Hi,

I'm currently study the alternatives I can use to implement an alternative
clock source for Asterisk. After some research I found two options some
developers are doing.

The first solution is described on Digium's bug tracker (
http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=8896). The idea is to use a patched
ztdummy with a new module. This module will register itself to ztdummy and
it will implement the interrupt handler. Since ztdummy is already registered
to zaptel, my clock will be used. This solution is being used with mISDN
driver.

The second solution is to make a ztdummy "clone" with my code controling the
clock.... The idea is very similar to the first one but the ztdummy-clone
will register itself directly to zaptel. I'll need to patch zaptel's
Makefile to compile my "clone" and so on….Ztxen uses this solution (XEN
virtualization).

Both options are very similar and they need to keep zaptel device driver
running to do it.
I'd like to know if there are another alternative which doesn't need zaptel.

Any information will be useful!

Thanks in advance!