[asterisk-dev] Tension between trunk and release branches

Stephen Davies stephen.l.davies at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 08:52:45 MST 2007

On 31/05/07, Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com> wrote:
> Anybody actually testing code from development branches (without Olle
> pointing a gun to his head?)

I run SVN trunk on our production IAX2 switch.

It was an experiment to "drink the kool aid".  Result was it crashed
in chan_iax2.  A lot.  But now it crashes much less because because
along with Mihai from Wimba we started fixing some of the issues.
Fixes sent along to bugs.digium.com (where they seem to be mostly
being ignored, but that's another story).

So I'm going to carry on, resyncing occasionally.

I guess people would concede that 1.4 hasn't been such a success.  To
try to get 1.6 on a better start I'd encourage more people to try the
SVN trunk code on a production system and feedback the bugs and fixes.

Perhaps we could try to identify fairly stable points when it would be
a good time to grab the tree for such experiments.

Steve