[asterisk-dev] Issue 9804 - module unload not called on shutdown

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Fri Jun 1 13:21:18 MST 2007

On Friday 01 June 2007 14:05, Russell Bryant wrote:
> This bug report was originally reported on this list.  The module
> unload callback is not called for modules on Asterisk shutdown.  I
> consider this bug, but I would like a bit of feedback on where it is
> appropriate to make this change.
>
> I propose fixing it in both 1.4 and trunk, but not 1.2.
>
> Any objections?

Wouldn't it be better for programs which need to shut something down,
to call ast_register_atexit() the routines that they need shut down?

My inclination is for a shutdown to happen as quickly as possible, for
various reasons (ordered shutdown on power outage, quick maintenance
needs, etc.).  And, for problems, it's the first thing to do to restart
Asterisk during development, when something bad might have occurred
(deadlock) and you need the process to shut down nicely, but without
having to wait for conditions which may never come true.

--
Tilghman