[asterisk-dev] zaptel, menuselect and autoconf

Bob Atkins bob at digilink.net
Tue Jul 31 12:01:26 CDT 2007

The issues you bring up with menuselect in terms of automating the build
process is why we ripped it out completely from the v1.4 build process.
We just replace the Makefile with our own which is actually a derivative
of the v1.2 Makefile that we corrected quite some time ago to support
building properly on Solaris systems but the corrections were never
accepted when we submitted them.

A 'standard' autoconf build process would make life for everyone much
simpler however, we found that autoconf was not implemented in a
portable manner in v1.4 either - important compile options were not
being passed down to subordinate builds so everything would break during
the build process. We also reported this problem in another bug report
with suggested fixes but that report also died quietly as well.

Basically, we just end up doing our own thing.

--
*Bob Atkins *
/President/CEO/

*DigiLink, Inc. <http://www.digilink.net>*