[asterisk-dev] [asterisk-commits] murf: trunk r77810 - /trunk/channels/chan_sip.c

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Jul 31 10:49:03 CDT 2007

SVN commits to the Asterisk project wrote:

> Log:
> Discovered in experiments on core files: if you wrap the lock and unlock calls with sip_pvt_lock and sip_pvt_unlock, you lose the tracing info you would normally get via DETECT_DEADLOCKS; so I turn these two functions into macros when DETECT_DEADLOCKS is called. This way, you get meaningful stuff in the file and func slots in the lock_info struct.

Two comments:

1) It was DEBUG_THREADS, not DETECT_DEADLOCKS, that was the real issue here.

2) I've removed this entirely and switched to macros in all cases; there
is no need for the inline function version, as any debugging code that
is needed can be put into the macros using the 'do { } while(0)' trick.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Director of Software Technologies