[asterisk-dev] Digium FTP server will be replaced with HTTP server

Kurt Lidl kurt.lidl at cello.com
Thu Jul 26 14:03:06 CDT 2007

Michiel van Baak wrote:
> Are you going to support some mirroring protocol after this
> so we can setup our own anonymous FTP server for the people
> that like me prefer FTP for asterisk downloads ?

There are any number of http mirroring tools out there.
For example, the widely available "wget" program will do it,
via:
   wget -m http://ftp.digium.com

I don't think they need to run an rsynch daemon or something
similar.  It might be more bandwidth effective to do so, but
having only http access isn't a huge downside.

-Kurt