[asterisk-dev] Digium FTP server will be replaced with HTTP server

Kurt Lidl kurt.lidl at cello.com
Thu Jul 26 14:00:41 CDT 2007

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Some time in the next two weeks, Digium will be shutting down our FTP
> server, located at ftp.digium.com, and begin using only the existing
> HTTP server on the same system instead.
>
> We have decided to only offer our public downloads over the HTTP
> protocol, not the FTP protocol, primarily for reasons related to our
> marketing department :-)
>
> The site will still be called ftp.digium.com, but will no longer respond
> to requests made via the FTP protocol; only the HTTP protocol will be
> supported. There should be no other user-visible changes when this
> change is made to the server.

Do you suppose you could get your webmasters to put in something so
that filenames don't get truncated to widths that are not stupidly
short?  (The apache default is 23 characters.  That server is running
Apache, or claims to be, as of about two minutes ago.)

I submitted this comment to your website feedback location a couple of
months ago, and it wasn't acted on.

You can set "IndexOptions +DescriptionWidth=*" on the download directory
and then people can actually see the entire filename for each listing.

That would make life so much more pleasant.

-Kurt