[asterisk-dev] AGI and DeadAGI

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Tue Jul 24 12:44:54 CDT 2007

On Tuesday 24 July 2007 11:58, Matthew Nicholson wrote:
> Matt Riddell wrote:
> > Are we fine using AGI in this situation?  If so, I'll update the
> > wiki to be a bit more verbose.
>
> A running AGI script should not be terminated when the line is hung
> up. Asterisk should send the script SIGHUP when it closes the pipe to
> the script.  After the SIGHUP is sent, attempts to communicate with
> asterisk will result in SIGPIPE.
>
> Properly handling SIGHUP and SIGPIPE should prevent your scripts from
> automatically getting terminated.

Starting in the next release, Asterisk will automatically transition
between live and dead mode for AGI scripts.  You'll still get the SIGHUP
on hangup to signal the transition, but Asterisk won't close the control
pipe until the AGI process closes it (or dies).  This also means that
DeadAGI will be obsolete, as we will determine the correct mode of
AGI operation from channel state, rather than how it's invoked.

--
Tilghman