[asterisk-dev] where is the config file format documented ?

Luigi Rizzo rizzo at icir.org
Tue Jul 24 10:45:12 CDT 2007

On Tue, Jul 24, 2007 at 10:23:42AM -0500, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Watkins, Bradley wrote:
>
> > /doc/configuration.txt in the source tree explains this very well.
>
> And so it does... clearly I had forgotten the existence of that file :-)

which means that it is not so obvious, which is exactly the point
i was trying to make -- in fact, in trunk it is doc/tex/configuration.tex
and it is not installed by either "make install" or "make samples"

So... it is all about providing the initial pointer (even one-line
pointing to the full document if a 10-lines example is too much)
in an "obvious" place, which someone would immediately find.

I would probably suggest etc/asterisk/README.conf or something
evident in the config directory.
Suggestions ?

	cheers
	luigi