[asterisk-dev] [svn-commits] tilghman: trunk r76703 - in /trunk: ./ apps/ channels/ funcs/ include/asteris...

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Mon Jul 23 21:41:39 CDT 2007

SVN commits to the Digium repositories wrote:
> Author: tilghman
> Date: Mon Jul 23 14:51:41 2007
> New Revision: 76703

> Log:
> Merge the dialplan_aesthetics branch.  Most of this patch simply converts applications
> using old methods of parsing arguments to using the standard macros.  However, the big
> change is that the really old way of specifying application and arguments separated by
> a comma will no longer work (e.g. NoOp,foo|bar).  Instead, the way that has been
> recommended since long before 1.0 will become the only method available (e.g. NoOp(foo,bar).

Due to the size of this change as far as the effects on existing dialplans, I
would like to see a lot more documentation of these changes, including multiple
examples of things that used to work and no longer will.  Furthermore, I would
like to see this documentation clearly demonstrate why these changes are
beneficial and necessary, as it is not very clear to me right now.

--
Russell Bryant
Software Engineer