[asterisk-dev] DTMF regeneration on PRI

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Fri Jul 20 20:52:10 CDT 2007

Prashant Jois wrote:
> I'm having some problems with receiving DTMF on my incoming PRI.  It
> seems that incoming DTMF is changed so that it is being generated at a
> slower speed.  This is not a problem for voice calls, but some of the
> traffic on the PRI consists of alarm control panels that transmit alarms
> in DTMF formats.  These panels normally require an acknowledgment from
> my end after the alarm is received, but because the DTMF is being
> received at a slower rate, the acknowledgment comes late and it is
> causing all sorts of grief for the panel.  Please let me know if there
> is a way to have more accurate re-generation of the DTMF or even
> increase the regeneration speed.

I would suggest that you start with the asterisk-users mailing list to see if
you can get some help in classifying your issue.  You may be able to get it
fixed by looking into things in more detail.  If not, once you have more details
about what is going on, including related logs and debug output, then the
appropriate thing would be to post it as a bug report on http://bugs.digium.com/.

--
Russell Bryant
Software Engineer