[asterisk-dev] autodetect fax on SIP channel

Yusuf yusuf at ecntelecoms.com
Thu Jul 19 09:53:33 CDT 2007

X-ECN Telecoms-MailScanner-Information: Please contact ECN Telecoms for more information
X-ECN Telecoms-MailScanner: Found to be clean
X-ECN Telecoms-MailScanner-From: yusuf at ecntelecoms.com

Alexey Borisov wrote:
> Hi All.
> Tell me please, how-to detect fax call on SIP channel?
> I found some information on voip-info about app_nv_faxdetect, but it
> reffers me on newmantelecom site.
> this site is not responsible anymore ;-(.
> where i can take app_nv_faxdetect for asterisk 1.4? or possible any
> instructions, how to make it work/
>
> thanks
> Alex.

Hi,

I think nv_faxdetect works to detect fax calls on ZAP (and mISDN), not SIP.  nv listens
for the fax tones, and there are no fax tones on an incoming SIP.
Fax over SIP is done using T.38, and I don't know how to tell it is a fax call at the
start, i.e from the SIP INVITE.
Anyone?

--

thanks,