[asterisk-dev] [svn-commits] file: branch 1.2 r2750 - /branches/1.2/Makefile

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Thu Jul 19 06:15:56 CDT 2007

Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Wed, Jul 18, 2007 at 04:27:04PM -0000, SVN commits to the Digium repositories wrote:
>> Author: file
>> Date: Wed Jul 18 11:27:04 2007
>> New Revision: 2750

>> Log:
>> A distribution may have multiple directories for firmware and without
>> knowing the proper one we have to copy the firmware into each. We can't
>> just copy it into the first one found.
>
> Why do we needto carry multiple copies of the firmware?

I was originally looking at a Gentoo issue with firmware and thought
this was the issue, but it turned out to be Gentoo sillyness so this
commit may have been premature, aye.

> Can you please give a practical example of where the current (1.2.19 /
> 1.4.4) Makefile target misses?

When I originally did the hotplug firmware loading stuff I wanted to
ensure that it was installed. Now that I have done more research on
distributions and where they tend to put their directories I would agree
with your original commit. I will fix it later today when I'm back in my
office.

--
Joshua Colp
Software Developer