[asterisk-dev] Queue retry value

Jason Parker jparker at digium.com
Wed Jul 18 21:04:36 CDT 2007

If all of your queue members are unavailable, and have your retry set to 0 seconds, it will attempt to call every user repeatedly, with no waiting, and will spin out of control very quickly. You don't need to call a queue member 500 times a second - if he wasn't available 2ms ago, there's a pretty good chance that he won't be available now.