[asterisk-dev] Dial2 or better named... was Re: ast_flags now uint64_t ? should it be reverted ?

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Wed Jul 18 15:30:34 CDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-07-18 at 12:43 -0700, Luigi Rizzo wrote:
>     no new features in Dial(), for those who want them there is
>     Dial2() which has all the features of Dial() plus the new ones,
>     AND a different syntax.
>
> So users of the old features will have to change nothing,
> and for new features you only need to change individual
> dialplan lines that actually use them.

Just as a suggestion, and not that I have time to code any changes now,
but I think a great way to deal with Dial and the massive amount of
options coming to be in the code is to completely move away from
positional args or character flags as well.

I would propose that you move the flags and such to a data structure
that you could then interigate.

For instance, Say it was decided to move all the flags for dial into a
special DIAL channel variable before dial is called. This would end any
questions as to how many options we could have. Plus it gives you the
easy way of setting other than boolean values into the Dial command.