[asterisk-dev] SIP session-timers: concept, discussion

Raj Jain rj2807 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 04:15:01 CDT 2007

Session timers is a pretty useful feature in my opinion. The value of it is
clear when the media is not flowing through the Asterisk. We should
definitely implement it in Asterisk.

As a data point, majority of the end-points support session-timers (60%
according to the last SIPit).

http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/sip/current/msg18959.html

Raj