[asterisk-dev] generator timing reverts to no timing

Don Dawson don.dawson at voice-ring.com
Mon Jul 16 16:37:12 CDT 2007

The tone generator which is also used by MOH reverts to no timing upon receipt of FRAME_VOICE (rtp packet) and then reads and writes based upon these packets from then on instead of using  the zaptel timing source. Does anybody know why that is? I changed it to not turn off the timing and works as expected. This is a trivial matter but we were trying to find out why the MOH was faltering a bit and ran across this behavior. However, the problem at our customer site turns out to be with the customer's local network.
Just want to know if there was a particular reason to not use the timing source.

Don Dawson