[asterisk-dev] possible zaptel problem with SMP and RAID1

François Delawarde fdelawarde at wirelessmundi.com
Mon Jul 16 03:40:56 CDT 2007

No sharing here:

# cat /proc/interrupts
           CPU0       CPU1
  0:     247796  228080870   IO-APIC-edge      timer
  1:          0          8   IO-APIC-edge      i8042
  6:          0          3   IO-APIC-edge      floppy
  8:          0          0   IO-APIC-edge      rtc
  9:          0          0   IO-APIC-fasteoi   acpi
 12:          0          4   IO-APIC-edge      i8042
 14:          1         62   IO-APIC-edge      libata
 15:          0          0   IO-APIC-edge      libata
 17:  228158120     539814   IO-APIC-fasteoi   wctdm
 18:       5082   18200039   IO-APIC-fasteoi   eth2, eth0
 19:          0          0   IO-APIC-fasteoi   libata
 21:      38650   25145159   IO-APIC-fasteoi   eth1
 22:        166       5856   IO-APIC-fasteoi   libata
 23:       7811    2701437   IO-APIC-fasteoi   libata
NMI:          0          0
LOC:  228295439  228295357
ERR:          0

but counting interrupts give something like the following when no
network traffic:

# INIT=`cat /proc/interrupts | grep wctdm | awk '{ print $2+$3; }'`;
sleep 10; END=`cat /proc/interrupts | grep wctdm | awk '{ print $2+$3;
}'`; echo $END-$INIT | bc
10007

and the following with 10Mbps, which by the way is not that much:

# INIT=`cat /proc/interrupts | grep wctdm | awk '{ print $2+$3; }'`;
sleep 10; END=`cat /proc/interrupts | grep wctdm | awk '{ print $2+$3;
}'`; echo $END-$INIT | bc
11203

Could it be a zaptel failure (I don't see how the card itself could
start generating more interrupts based on quantity of network traffic)?
If so, could someone indicate me how timing work and where to look in
the source to try and identify the problem?

Also could it be a card failure (knowing that I tried with both Openvox
and Digium cards)? I heard from unreliable sources that the "tiger jet
320" chip on TDM400P and similar card wasn't that reliable. Could it be
a hardware issue with it, or with a cheap crystal on the cards i tested?
In that case, is it worth trying Sangoma, as some are saying that it is
more reliable at IRQ level and work with more motherboards?

Thanks again,
François.