[asterisk-dev] EIA-777A VMWI Detection in zaptel

David Bowerman david.bowerman at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 06:53:51 CDT 2007

Hi all,

anyone know if any work has ever been done on VMWI (visual mesage wait
indication) detection in chan_zap ?

in Australia we have 'virtual' messagebanks provided on analog pstn lines.
in the situation where you have one analog pstn say into a TDM400 and its
already in a call, a second call will go to the telcos virtual messagebank.
it would be great to get asterisk to detect messages waiting in these.

the answer is to detect VMWI as defined in EIA-777A.

before launching into this I thought id make sure noone else is working on
it...

cheers

dave bowerman