[asterisk-dev] Dial() Staggering

Nicholas Blasgen nicholas at blasgen.com
Tue Jul 10 14:11:00 CDT 2007

> You can do this in the dialplan:
> exten => bla,1,Dial(SIP/1,2)
> exten => bla,n,Dial(SIP/1&SIP/2,2)
> exten => bla,n,Dial(SIP/1&SIP/2&SIP/3,2)

Your Dialplan there will dial the first line for a maximum of 2 seconds.
I'm not even sure if they'll hear it ring.  I'd rather call all lines for
something like 30 seconds but stagger the calls a few seconds apart to make
sure the people who should be answering the calls have a better oportunity
to do so.

But your dialplan isn't horribe.  It's what I want, but without hanging up
and dialing again.  If just it would keep SIP/1 in your example active the
entire time.  Also, for me this is a PSTN non-local network so it requires
the long wait time between the 10 digit phone number being dialed and the
agent picking up the phone.