[asterisk-dev] possible zaptel problem with SMP and RAID1

Martin Vít vit at lam.cz
Mon Jul 9 14:34:15 CDT 2007

Hi,

we have in production several SMP xeon and one core duo 2 servers always
with sata sw RAID1

all xeon servers works well on digium 4xE1 with full loads

core 2 duo with asus server board using digium PCI 1xE1 were useless
because it constantly
generates taps to the sound. On another board it works well. (we have
tryed moving digium
into another PCI slots, no IRQ sharing etc...) Sangoma pci express
solves this issue with the
same configuration.

I dont believe that RAID1 is causing this. If not sure, try to not write
anything to the disk.

--
Martin Vít
LAM plus s.r.o.