[asterisk-dev] possible zaptel problem with SMP and RAID1

François Delawarde fdelawarde at wirelessmundi.com
Mon Jul 9 11:23:23 CDT 2007

Hi,

I believe that it's a zaptel related problem, as I have the same
problems trying with OpenVox hardware (A400 and OPVXA1200) and Digium
hardware (I could test a TDM400P for a while, but I'm not a lucky owner
yet), so it appears to be hardware independent. We also have same
results on two standard motherboards, two different SMP CPU, different
hard drives in RAID, ...

I contacted OpenVox, they told us that it should be a software related
problem. Also contacted Octasis, as the problem occured with their echo
canceller and we first thought it was the reason, but they proved us
wrong (telling that the "bips" were inserted before the echo canceller,
maybe by zaptel modules). I then tested without echo canceler with same
results.

François.