[asterisk-dev] [svn-commits] oej: branch oej/sip-subscribe-ng-1.2 r73908 - /team/oej/sip-subscribe-ng-1.2/...

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Sun Jul 8 13:05:44 CDT 2007

SVN commits to the Digium repositories wrote:
> Author: oej
> Date: Sun Jul  8 09:36:59 2007
> New Revision: 73908

> Log:
> Watch out for locking failures.
> Thinking about adding failures to a list to process later, but will test first on
> a busy system if this is an issue.

It may be worth noting that this locking was just very recently added.  Also, if
you put this on a busy server, you are likely to get some false positives when
there isn't actually a problem, since 50 microseconds may not be long enough to
wait.

I think you may get better results in checking for deadlocks by just turning on
DEBUG_THREADS and DETECT_DEADLOCKS and watching for those error messages.  Then,
  you could use gdb to find the real cause.

--
Russell Bryant
Software Engineer