[asterisk-dev] Real-time call control for Dial app

Grey Man greyvoip at yahoo.com.au
Sun Jul 8 07:48:41 CDT 2007

Hi,

In doing some further testing of the recheck/call control patch a warning is popping up about a blocked thread.

channel.c:1608 ast_waitfor_nandfds: Thread xxx Blocking 'SIP/xx-xxx', already blocked by thread xxx in procedure ast_waitfor_nandfds

This message occurs while the recheck application is executing. In my case it's a FastAGI application and can sometimes take up to 1 second to return. The longer the application return takes the more of the messages will appear. It does not appear to cause any major problems that I can see and I have checked that the audio is still getting passed so the blocked thread does not appear to be the one executing ast_generic_bridge.

As yet I haven't been able to determine what the thread that is generating the above message is doing and whether or not it's related to the original bridge or is from a thread generated when the recheck application is called. I'm not very familiar with the threads that are created for a bridged channel though. The only consequence I have seen so far is when the recehck application fails to return at all, an example would be a FastAGI application that hangs, the thread blocking messages continue until the call is hungup by the time limit expiring in ast_generic_bridge.

Regards,

Greyman.

      ____________________________________________________________________________________ Yahoo!7 Mail has just got even bigger and better with unlimited storage on all webmail accounts.