[asterisk-dev] [asterisk-commits] russell: trunk r72932 - in /trunk/doc: ast_agi_commands.tex asterisk.tex

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Mon Jul 2 17:10:31 CDT 2007

Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> Still, for the build system we need a way to extract the documentation
> of all the AGI commands. Even those currently disabled, right?

Well, that certainly would be nice.  But there is just no way to extract
it out of the code the way it is defined today.  Doing it at runtime by
traversing the containers of these items is the only way I could think
to do it.  It's not perfect, but it's a good start.

> 5. The commands dump to a hard-wired file name. Allow declaring a target
>    filename with 'into FILENAME'?

I'm going to change it to so you can at least specify a directory for
the docs to be dumped to.  There are multiple files, so I'm not sure
it's that big of a deal that each filename is hard coded, especially
given that the main tex file expects them to have that name.

> 6. The SVN now includes the outputs of those commands. But that output
>    depends on the modules you happened to build on your system when you
>    updated the file.

That is correct.  However, on my development machine, I try to make sure
I have all modules compiled and installed.  :)  It would be nice if we
could come up with a way to extract this stuff from the source without
even having to do it at runtime.  This is all a hack at generating
documentation with what exists today.

--
Russell Bryant
Software Engineer