[asterisk-dev] Deprecate non SASL authentication in res_jabber

Philippe Sultan philippe.sultan at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 08:43:29 CDT 2007

> The important question here: Will it break communication with the
> clients that
> people use? We need to be compatible with existing clients more than
> future
> standards :-)

Yep Olle, being a Jabber client/component, Asterisk always connects as
a client (or a component) to a Jabber server, and therefore does not
deal with authenticating Jabber clients.

So changing the way Asterisk authenticates itself to Jabber servers
won't affect the communication with other Jabber clients, which can
use any other authentication method allowed by the server they connect
to.

Philippe