[asterisk-dev] Re: [asterisk-commits] russell: trunk r53047 - in /trunk: ./ apps/ channels/ main/ pbx/

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Wed Jan 31 17:06:10 MST 2007

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> In trunk, we should probably stop creating a pthread_attr object every
> time we need one (since they can be re-used), and instead just have a
> global one (or two) that are setup the way we want.
>
> A simple janitor task for someone :-)

That's a good idea.

While we're on the subject, I was quite annoyed when I realized that
ast_pthread_create_background() was not actually already doing this.  I
thought it was, which is how I got into this mess in the first place.
All it does it create the thread with a smaller stack size.  Anyway,
I'll stop ranting now ...

--
Russell Bryant
Software Engineer