[asterisk-dev] testing IVR applications

Wasim Baig wasim at convergence.pk
Wed Jan 31 04:24:16 MST 2007

On 1/31/07, Fadi Mujahid <fadfodeh at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello
> We are developing an application to be deployed on E1 lines (inbound and
> outbound calls)
> What is the best way to fully test the application if we do not have E1
> lines in the development environment?
> Is there some kind of software tester to test IVR/Callcenter
> applications virtually??

fadi:

a) this is the -dev list, questions like this belong on -users
b) you can fully test the application using VOIP (sip or IAX) trunks between
two asterisk boxes
c) you can even use TDMoE to pretend you have a TDM stream, but thats least
likely what you want, unless you are specifically developing some TDM stream
related appliction, in most cases IAX or SIP trunks will work fine for the
IVR work
d) welcome to this wonderful world

--
wasim h. baig | principal consultant | convergence pk | +92(300)8508070