[asterisk-dev] RTP made hardware

Florea Igor igor.florea at topex.ro
Wed Jan 31 02:49:50 MST 2007

Hi all,
I'm new to asterisk,
I need to have asterisk running on a sistem with a VOIP chip. I have the Voip
chip driver. VOIP chip is driving packets from TDM timeslot to RTP stream.
The TDM is driven to a "Switching Matrix" wich will connect the timeslot to
another channel (VOIP or another). The matrix has it own driver.
	I need some Ideeas on how to implement this better.
	From what i've read I need to modiffi the chan_sip (or create another
channel) to call some routines that will command Voip chip to create RTP
streams or I need to modiffi the rtp.c routines. I would also like to let the
current voice mail working well so i need the normall RTP streams...
	Also I think i will have to change the bridging sistem to use my matrix
driver.(I don't know yet the files).
Please correct me if I've missunderstood somethig..
Thanks,