[asterisk-dev] SIGHUP handling

Edwin Groothuis edwin at mavetju.org
Tue Jan 30 16:23:53 MST 2007

On Tue, Jan 30, 2007 at 08:45:17AM -0800, Bob wrote:
> After writing a few embedded operating systems in my career - the
> general rule of thumb to avoid nasty operational surprises has been that
> an interrupt handler should never make a call to another function. Have
> it set a flag and exit and then check for the flag in the main
> processing loop. Your trouble reports and bug list will get much shorter....

I second this. I've had my share of fun with these things in the
past and I'm totally cured from anything besides just toggling a
flag and let it be handled in the main loop.

Edwin

--
Edwin Groothuis      |            Personal website: http://www.mavetju.org
edwin at mavetju.org    |          Weblog: http://weblog.barnet.com.au/edwin/