[asterisk-dev] Is ast_channel->uniqueid really unique ?

Oded Arbel oded at atelis.net
Wed Jan 24 10:50:47 MST 2007

On Mon, 2007-01-22 at 16:49 -0600, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Oded Arbel wrote:
> > The problem I'm having, is that I don't think that a channel's uniqueid
> > is unique across multiple Asterisk installations - under some very
> > common behaviors of a multiple Asterisk installation, some channels
> > created on different Asterisk instances will have the same uniqueid.

> Instead, in your dialplan you can call some sort of GUID creation
> function, and store the result in the CDR userfield or in a custom CDR
> variable. Then your database can have a globally unique ID for that
> call, without really requiring any modifications to Asterisk itself.

I want to use this value in AGIs - which are sometimes being run
directly from "originate" callse, so setting the CDR userfield isn't
that useful to me, but several previous answers on this thread suggested
"systemname" (which I wasn't aware of) and I think that is the solution
that I was looking for.

Thanks to everyone who answered!

--
Oded Arbel
Atelis
oded at atelis.net
Tel: +972-54-7340014
::..
Pohl's Law:
Nothing is so good that somebody, somewhere, will not hate it.