[asterisk-dev] How to increase the maximum length of the mailbox parameters in Voicemail?

Teemu Harju teemu.harju at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 06:58:03 MST 2007

Hi,

I've been slightly modifying the asterisk voicemail application for a
sort of "proof of concept" demo. I need the group functionality of the
application where the message is copied to multiple mailboxes. I've
noticed that by default there is a limit for the length of the string
that contains all the mailboxes where the message should be copied.

I looked the source (btw I'm using asterisk 1.2.10) of
apps/app_voicemail.c and there the leave_voicemail function. The
string seems to be passed there and copied to a tmp variable of length
256. I increased the size a bit, but it seems like the string is cut
somewhere already before the leave_voicemail application and I can get
only 510 first charachters of that string in leave_voicemail. Probably
it is cut somewhere where the string is loaded from the configuration.

Is it easy to increase this value? I'm not too competent C-coder, so
if it will get too messy I will not try it. But if it is only a matter
of increasing some buffer size then I would appreciate the help.

Regards,

Teemu

--
Teemu Harju