[asterisk-dev] Trickiness building svn-trunk as cross-compile

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Mon Jan 22 09:31:18 MST 2007

Brian Capouch wrote:
> The menuselect process needs to be built to run on the host machine,
> whereas everything else has to run on the target.
>
> So what I do is have my build script duck into the menuselect directory
> right after running ./configure, and do a make with --host and --build
> both set to the host architecture.  Then I back out and run "make
> menuselect" at the toplevel.  This works splendidly.

The real issue here is that you shouldn't have to do this at all.
Menuselect should be automatically built for the host machine without
any extra effort.

The main Makefile already pases the host CC to be used.

  @CC="$(HOST_CC)" LD="" AR="" RANLIB="" $(MAKE) -C menuselect
CONFIGURE_SILENT="--silent"

So, if this isn't working for you, then we need to figure out why ...

--
Russell Bryant
Software Engineer