[asterisk-dev] semantics of send_digit_begin and AST_FLAG_END_DTMF_ONLY

Luigi Rizzo rizzo at icir.org
Fri Jan 19 12:52:01 MST 2007

probably Russel has some ideas on this...

I am a bit confused on the logic for handling AST_FRAME_DTMF_BEGIN
and AST_FRAME_DTMF_END event/frames.

Basically, i understand that some channels two events per
digit, and some only want one, and for the latter, we
[somewhat arbitrarily i think] call it AST_FRAME_DTMF_END.

Wouldn't it be simpler to just send a 'begin' event in
all cases ? It seems that the whole processing would be
simpler, because on the outgoing side, we don't have
any conditional behaviour on the generation of
the first event, and for the latter we could just
not transmit it, or drop it if one comes in and
we have no meaning for it ?

	cheers
	luigi