[asterisk-dev] CLI filtering

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Thu Jan 18 13:44:31 MST 2007

On Thu, 2007-01-18 at 14:06 -0600, Jason Parker wrote:
> ----- Steven Critchfield <critch at basesys.com> wrote:
> > Maybe also a selection based on callerid? That way we can deal with
> > PRI
> > calls that may come in on arbitrary channels. Also it would be able
> > match a specific IAX or SIP call coming in.
> >

> Essentially, if you have a channel pointer, you could filter on any of it.
>
> "cli filter name SIP/bob"
> "cli filter type SIP"
>
> something like that..

I think you missed my point of being on a Zap __PRI__ interface. The
channel name doesn't include the callerid information.

The idea is if I want to excersize a specific path that is being
troublesome and I dial in from my cell phone, I could say only grab logs
for this callerid. That way asterisk could figure out what channel on
the PRI I came in on to do logging on. On a busy system, I wouldn't know
ahead of time what channel I would be on when the filter is asked for.