[asterisk-dev] CLI filtering

Clod Patry cpatry at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 10:54:31 MST 2007

hi guys,
Since a couple of days i had a really big project in head, this is all about
CLI filtering.
The main problem is when you get pretty lot of calls, this is impossible to
know whats going on in the CLI, the CLI just scroll down like hell.
If you have many actives calls, there's no way to filter all the output in
the CLI, which makes the CLI pretty hard to read for specific channel(s) and
not to all channels.
The main idea is to filter per channel(s) via active calls or regex to map
your channel name(s).
So you could filter just SIP/10 and SIP/11 for example. All the others
ast_log and ast_verbose will be discarded.
You could filter a specific channel, like Zap/17 for example.

something like
core filter channel SIP/1*

This will be really useful for analog, sip,iax2, etc.

Im aware that all ast_log and ast_verbose will have to receive a pointer to
the ast_channel. That bored job is almost done at this point.
That patch is > 24 000 lines just for ast_log and without any channel
drivers changed for now.

The second idea is to filter per session. When you have 2 persons in the
CLI, if one person is doing a RTP debug, the other one will be like WTF! so
it's to separate all that.

I know a lot of person will say we could debug via log files and via
ethereal, but that knowledge isnt given to all * users (like we all know).
That stuff will be really simple to use

--
Clod Patry