[asterisk-dev] Fwd: Realtime Voicemail Password Change Not Working

Bruce Ferrell bferrell at baywinds.org
Thu Jan 18 09:44:45 MST 2007

Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> On Wednesday 17 January 2007 16:24, JR Richardson wrote:
>
>>I'm struggling with an issues trying to debug further, need some
>>pointers.  I've been through the standard debugs, logs for asterisk
>>and mysql.  I'm not seeing where asterisk is sending the update
>>password statement to mysql. All other read/write activity is
>>functioning properly.  Changing the password works in the
>>voicemail.conf file, just not to the mysql database, more info below.
>

> 99% of the time that people have this problem, it's because they renamed
> the column "uniqueid" in the vmdb.sql sample file, not realizing that
> the name of the column MUST be "uniqueid" for password changing to
> work.

Not to be contentious but the only vmdb.sql file I can find looks like this:

drop table if exists users;
create table users (
context VARCHAR(80) NOT NULL,
mailbox VARCHAR(80) NOT NULL,
password VARCHAR(80) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
fullname VARCHAR(80) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
email VARCHAR(80) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
pager VARCHAR(80) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
options VARCHAR(160) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
PRIMARY KEY (context, mailbox)
);

And it's in contrib/scripts.

I do see on the wiki it's as you describe.  sigh  time to rebuild my
voicemail table

--
One day at a time, one second if that's what it takes