[asterisk-dev] Pri Flash

Ron Joffe rjoffe at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 18 09:13:53 MST 2007

Kevin,

Thanks for the quick response:

On Thursday 18 January 2007 10:15, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Ron Joffe wrote:
> > Is there a reason for this configuration ?
>
> Yes. There is no such thing as 'flash' on a PRI circuit.

We have an * system behind a mytel PBX system (dual PRI). Inbound calls from
telco are routed through pbx to *. We are looking for the capability to
transfer calls to internal extensions (off of the pbx) without tying up two
channels in the PRI.

Our understanding that this was a blind transfer mechanism which is
initialized by a hook flash followed by the PRI extensions number. The pbx
manufacturer is claiming that all we need is a hook flash of length between
100 ms and 1 sec.

Are we heading down the wrong path with the flash command ?

Thanks,

Ron