[asterisk-dev] CallerId. ANI and number

Dmytro Mishchenko dioml at dreamtime.net
Tue Jan 16 09:39:56 MST 2007

Hello,

When a call initiated using call file e.g. sample.call and you have "Callerid"
specified in this file all further attempts to change CallerId in dialplan
using Set(CALLERID(num)=.....) doesn't affect CDR "src" field.
Thats a little bit different behavior from calls initiated in another way.

In this case we use __ast_request_and_dial() to initiate a call. Inside this
function we have such call:
ast_set_callerid(chan, cid_num, cid_name, cid_num);
Except CallerId number it also sets ANI which being used for CDR 'src' field.

Is it correct that we set ANI in this case instead of CallerId number only?

According the code if channel has set ANI changing CallerId number doesn't
change CDR 'src'.

Thanks,
Dmitry.