[asterisk-dev] realtime and column names

Julian Lyndon-Smith asterisk at dotr.com
Fri Jan 12 05:12:53 MST 2007

I've run into a little problem using realtime queues, and want to make a
proposal / suggestion / comment ;)

With what I can see with realtime, the columns in the table are matched
to the options in the corresponding .conf file. for example:

queues.conf: retry=5
realtime: sometable.retry contains a value of 5

my trouble is that in this case, the name "retry" is a reserved word in
my dbms, and I am not allowed to use it as a column name.

In app_queue.c someone also noticed that the "-" in a column name
(queues.conf option announce-holdtime for example) causes problems with
sql, so it transforms the column name announce_holdtime into
announce-holdtime.

I was going to suggest that the realtime engine is modifed, so that it
allows me to create a column called ast_retry, and strips the ast_ from
the start of the column name.

This would then apply to all realtime areas (voicemail / sip / queues
etc) and remove the problem from all database managers.

Any comments ?

Julian.