[asterisk-dev] ilbc codec 20ms sample rate?

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Thu Jan 11 10:02:41 MST 2007

Ma wrote:
> OK, thank you. so do you know any patch to fix this?
No, unfortunately.

> Or what kind of change in codes should be done to
> implement this feature?

It does not appear to be a trivial change:
  main/frame.c will need changes to detect/set the
	Encoding.

   codecs/codec_ilbc.c will need changes to allow
	both 20 and 30ms

Further there may be changes required in codecs/ilbc/*c
to support 20ms (I doubt this one, but a quick code
review did not help me).  If one of the developers
familiar with this codec and the Asterisk code supporting
it were to tackle this, I suspect it would not be too
difficult.  But without a better understanding of the
codec, I think it will be harder.

Dan