[asterisk-dev] referencing to db.h

Phil Sutter n0-1 at freewrt.org
Thu Jan 11 03:24:25 MST 2007

Hi!

I am working at integration of asterisk-1.4.0 into FreeWRT, and was
having some problems in the beginning: in the code below main/db1-ast
there are many references to db.h, which is shipped by asterisk
(main/db1-ast/include/db.h).
The problem in my eyes is that db.h is referenced on a global basis
(i.e. the includepath is searched for it). Now in fact, our build system
has a db.h in it's includedirs which is older. As this file is found
first (tried various ways of specifying CPPFLAGS), it breaks asterisk.

My fix was to replace all references by ones relative to the local path,
i.e. "../include/db.h". I think this is the correct way, as the path to
the desired db.h is always known.

Is this worth submitting a patch? Is there a cleaner way of solving this
issue?

Greetings, Phil