[asterisk-dev] Asterisk and codec negotiation algorithm

Fabio Bizzi fbizzi at bizzi.org
Tue Jan 9 09:07:27 MST 2007

Hi everybody,

I don't know if this is the correct place to post this question, if I'm
wrong I'm sorry to disturb.

I've connected Asterisk v.1.2.12-1 with the bambi patch
asterisk-1.2.12.1-codec-negotiation-20061009.diff.gz to our Italtel
SoftSwitch and now asterisk works fine in our SIP only environment.

Now, I would upgrade to Asterisk v.1.4 but the patch is not aivailable
for this relase.

In the Digium Issue Tracker website on issue 0004825 I've read a post
from serge-v (a manager) that says "This new feature is not going into
any of the release branches.".

So please anyone can tell me if there is a branch of Asterisk that has
this feature ready?

And if not how can I do to stay update with latest version of asterisk
with this working feature?

Thank you in advance!

Ciao.

	Fabio.