[asterisk-dev] Bug in configure script for PGSQL?

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Sat Jan 6 18:46:49 MST 2007

As per an earlier thread on the topic, trying to cross-build
res_config_pgsql.so for an embedded device has turned out to be a lot of
"fun."

After many false starts, I finally got it to build.  Now I have a new
problem:

The asterisk configure script doesn't find the pg_config executable when
I configure it thus:

	.configure --with-postgres=/usr/src/postgres-mipsel

I get these error messages:

checking for pg_config... /usr/src/postgres-mipsel/bin/pg_config
./configure: line 21221: pg_config: command not found
./configure: line 21222: pg_config: command not found

But in fact, that path is good.  I can cut and paste the path into my
shell window and it executes just fine.

I believe the configure script needs to have ${PGSQL_DIR}/bin/ prepended
to lines 21221 and 21222 (which are derived from the configure.ac at
lines 680 and 681).

Once patched so, not only does my cross-compile proceed swimmingly, my
x86 compile, which never used to be able to find pg-config, works like a
charm, too.

B.

believed to be clean.