[asterisk-dev] Build Asterisk 1.4 addons on a blank new server.

Roland Ndaka Fru pedros09 at ndaka.com
Fri Jan 5 09:40:46 MST 2007

Hello,

I successfully installed the Asterisk 1.4 on my server and I have NOT be
successful so far in compiling the mysql module found in the addons package.
There seems to be a missing reference to "libmysqlclient" at compile time
and I would love to know how I can rectify this.

I tried editing the makeopts file but it did not help. I believe I came
closest by passing the "--with-mysqlclient=/usr/local/mysql" in the command
line but this produced the following error:

checking for initscr in -lncurses... yes

checking for curses.h... (cached) yes

checking for mysql_config... /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql_config

checking for mysql_init in -lmysqlclient... no

configure: ***

configure: *** The MySQL client installation on this system appears to be
broken.

configure: *** including --without-mysqlclient

Any pointers to where I can find some useful hints? I really need this since
I plan to use a MySQL Realtime database.

Thanks in advance,

Roland.