[asterisk-dev] Asterisk zap channels death

Edwin Groothuis edwin at mavetju.org
Thu Jan 4 00:39:41 MST 2007

On Thu, Jan 04, 2007 at 10:28:18AM +0500, Anton wrote:
> I'm experiencing a ZAP channels problem,
> after a while of operation (2-3 days, sometimes up to a
> week) my ZAP phones (channel bank connected) just dying,
> becoming silent. No any console complaints, not suspicious
> debug messages. Just all of the ZAP lines became silent.
> Asterisk restart gives nothing. Only full drivers and
> ZAPTEL reload restores the operation. I Use SANGOMA E1/T1
> card A102. BTW, this behavior is exist in both 1.2 and 1.4
> versions with slight difference - in 1.4 ALL channels
> dying. In 1.2 only some channels may die.
> Looks like a kind of deadlock and if anyone can give a clue
> how to debug that behavior that will help a lot.

That is exactly what we had today on the 24 december 1.4 trunk.
It made me go "hum", specially when two hours later asterisk broke
in two pieces and we needed to start it again.

I'm back to 1.2 tonight. This was btw the first busy day after the
New Years break.

Edwin

--
Edwin Groothuis      |            Personal website: http://www.mavetju.org