[asterisk-dev] Voicemail header

Dov Bigio dov.listas at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 07:23:05 MST 2007

Hi,

I work for a web hosting provider that, among several other services, offers
Hosted PBX services.

We want to somehow integrate the voice mail service with our webmail tool,
and in order to do so we want do add a special header to the smtp mail sent
when a voicemail is left in a voice mailbox. Thus the webmail tool would be
able to display a different icon, or a web based player for playing the
message.

We have modified app_voicemail.c in order to add this header to the e-mail,
but it would be a good enhancement to have a generic solution, based on
voicemail.conf that would allow us to add custom headers without having to
change the source code.

Does this make sense to anyone besides me?

Thank you
Dov