[asterisk-dev] problem with app_voicemail.c in asterisk-1.2.15

Francesco Castellano tit at lcm.mi.infn.it
Mon Feb 26 04:47:34 MST 2007

Dear list members,

I've a problem with app_voicemail.c in version 1.2.15. I was trying to
configure voicemailbox with mysql realtime, but I can't get the playing
of vm-intro, just the beep. What puzzled me is these lines:

snprintf(tempfile, sizeof(tempfile), "%s%s/%s/temp", VM_SPOOL_DIR,
vmu->context, ext);
if (!(res = create_dirpath(dest, sizeof(dest), vmu->context, ext,
"temp"))) {
        ast_log(LOG_WARNING, "Failed to make directory (%s)\n", tempfile);
          return -1;
}

It results with res assigned to 1, and this causes next block to be skipped:

if (!res && !ast_test_flag(options, OPT_SILENT)) {
         res = ast_streamfile(chan, INTRO, chan->language);
         if (!res)
                 res = ast_waitstream(chan, ecodes);
         if (res == '#') {
                 ast_set_flag(options, OPT_SILENT);
                 res = 0;
         }
}

Not playing in this way vm-intro.

So my question is: what is the purpose of the dir
VMDIR/EXTENSION/temp ?

Best regards,

ciao
francesco