[asterisk-dev] Re: [asterisk-users] Sending SMSa

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Sun Feb 25 20:36:05 MST 2007

Michiel van Baak wrote:
> On 17:53, Sun 25 Feb 07, Brian Capouch wrote:
>
>>Supa wrote:
>>
>>>Try this:
>>>http://www.bayhamsystems.com/asterisk.html
>>>
>>>Works for me just fine, and it is very easy to get up and running, even
>>>with older version 1.2.3
>>>

>>Anyone out there running it against 1.4.0?
>>
>>It built just fine for me, but then it crashes the server when I try to
>>run it.  Crashes on both 1.4.x and the SVN-trunk versions.
>>
>>Thx.
>

> I assume that you want the asterisk module here.
> I never tried that, the agi is easier :)
> Try the agi version, that should work on all versions of
> asterisk.

I solved it.

It appears that Asterisk (1.4.x and SVN-trunk) will go ahead and happily
build any app_<whatever>.c code one puts into the apps directory, so
getting the file for app_fastSMS and putting it in there causes it to be
built.

But without first going through the menuselect process before it's
built, the appropriate libraries don't get linked in to the module, and
after Asterisk loads it very, very funky things begin to happen.  This
application requires the same libraries as func_curl.

There are two fixes--the correct one is to add the appropriate skeleton
code into the menuselect-tree source files, which I leave as an exercise
for the reader.

The kludge is to just pretend that you did, and add the line:

MENUSELECT_DEPENDS_app_fastsms=CURL

to menuselect.makedeps at the toplevel directory.

The INSTALL document that comes with the source code doesn't mention
this requisite; I wonder how many people running 1.4.x have actually
tried to build it. . .

I'm cross-posting to -dev for archival reasons, as an FYI to folks there
who might be interested.  Hope that's OK with you -dev types.

B.

believed to be clean.