[asterisk-dev] qsig tunneling - ecma 355

Christian crich-ml at beronet.com
Sun Feb 25 15:22:07 MST 2007

Rasmus Erfurt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am thinking of implementing tunneling of qsig facility messages over IP
> channels such as IAX/SIP/H323 in asterisk - ecma 355 describes tunneling over
> sip. ecma 165 describes the general functionality supplement to qsig
> signalling.
>
> Being new to coding on asterisk I would like some pointers on the best way to
> pass facility frames through the pbx in both connectionless and connection
> oriented mode.

there is no such approach yet, but i think you should implement parsers
in a so called "ressource" like res_facility would be cool.

technologies like sip/iax/zap/misdn could use this ressource then.

it might be necessary to look into the channel structure and modify it
to make connectionless transport of facilities possible.

regards,

christian